Updating WBCE CMS
Please be aware that any individual customization to the core and the modules which are updated will be overwritten.
To update WBCE CMS driven sites, follow these steps:
- Check if your server meets the system requirements. If not, make sure that they are fulfilled before proceeding.
- Create a backup of all files which belong to the WBCE CMS installation you want to update. YOU SHOULD REALLY DO THIS.
- Create a backup of all database tables which belong to the WBCE CMS installation you want to update. If anything goes wrong, you will need this backup!
- Download the latest WBCE CMS installer from our website and unzip it to your local computer.
- Delete the config.php.new and (if you already use your own) the favicon.ico.
- Connect via FTP to your server (if not done yet) and copy the entire content of the folder "wbce" to your server (but not the folder itself). Make sure that all files with equal names are overwritten.
If you have renamed the /admin directory, you have to rename it in the file structure you are going to copy onto the server accordingly.
- Point your browser to yourdomain.tld/install/update.php and read the information which is displayed there. Confirm you have created backups and that you understand you take this action at your own risk. Then click on "Start update script".
- If there were no errors a success message will be displayed after a short time, and you should now check if everything works well in the backend and frontend of the updated site.
- If unneeded modules or templates were installed as part of the update, they can be uninstalled by logging in to the backend and going to Add-ons > Modules, and Add-ons > Templates.
- Refresh the file listing in your FTP client and check if the install folder has been deleted (this should happen at the first login to the backend automatically); if not, delete it.
If the update fails, check the error messages; sometimes it helps just to call the upgrade script again. If this does not help, check if there are already solutions provided at the WBCE CMS forum or ask for assistance.
In worst case, use the backup of your files and database tables to perform a rollback.
By the way, the described WBCE update process can also be used to migrate websites which are currently operating on older versions of the CMS "WebsiteBaker" (2.7 up to 2.8.3 SP7). A migration from WB 2.10 or other WB forks is not possible.
Please read also the upgrade notes in the WBCE CMS forum.